It is very important to be motivated throughout your weight loss journey. It is usually not an easy ride, and it calls for a lot of inspiration and support. There are ways to ensure you stay motivated so you will eat healthy and exercise each day. The following tips will help you keep up your momentum so you can reach your goal weight.
1. Make a focus board and hang it in a prominent place. Since you want to concentrate on losing weight and make it a part of your daily routine, a visual can be a very helpful way to stay on track. Create a poster with motivating quotes and photographs. Pictures of your children, your favorite foods, or even the clothing you plan to buy once you have reached your goal weight are all motivating and helpful.
2. Have an accountability buddy. It can be easy to make excuses for eating bad or not working out, but if you have a friend that you must report to, it’s not so simple. Find someone that will inspire you to keep working toward weight loss, even on your bad days. This person should be someone you can confide in, and one that will support you no matter what.
3. Try staying away from people who are negative. There will always be one or two people who would rather point out the negative of a situation rather than the good. These people usually ridicule those trying to lose weight, which can definitely break someone’s motivation to be healthy. Avoid these people as much as possible so that your spirit is not dampened by their words and actions.
4. Weigh yourself and take measurements. It is not a good idea to become addicted to the numbers, but seeing them every now and then can really refuel your motivation to continue on your journey. Measurements should be taken once a month, and step on the scale no more than once a week for the results to be effective in motivating you to succeed.
5. Set many small goals, and reward yourself as you achieve them. Weight loss should not just have one long-term goal. In order to make it more obtainable, set multiple small goals that will help you reach your desired end result. Make sure they are reachable, especially if you are giving yourself a time limit in which to reach each one.
6. Limit the bad foods in your diet, rather than eliminating them altogether. It can be difficult to stop anything cold turkey, especially your favorite foods. Instead, restrict yourself to 1-2 splurge meals each week. This is much easier to handle than telling yourself you are not allowed to have certain foods ever again.
The above tips will help you keep your weight loss motivation high so that you can succeed with changing your lifestyle. It is important to stay as positive as you can during your journey, so that you will be able to maintain the healthy choices for the rest of your life.
Whether you’re set on shedding a few pounds, preparing for a competition, or putting your health back on track, you need a knowledgeable professional you can trust to guide you every crucial step of the way. Above all, you need a passionate individual who regards your success as their own.
This is where I come in: Hi, my name is Rob Lagana, and as a fitness coach and accomplished competitive bodybuilder with over two decades of experience, I’m on a mission to turn your fitness and wellness goals into reality. Both results-driven and compassionate, I provide all our clients with a personalized experience and specially tailored workout routines and meal plans. I also firmly believe in fitness being fun; I’ve never been an all work, no play kind of guy.
Growing up, I faced some hardship due to the ocular albinism I was born with (a condition that leaves me legally blind for life). However, that didn’t stop me from becoming a successful competitive bodybuilder, which ultimately inspired me to help others achieve happiness, confidence, and overall wellness in their own lives.
In addition to training consistently and assisting my valued clients, I’m currently writing a book entitled “Totally Healthy,” which offers tried-and-true tips and tricks to fat loss and toning up by harnessing a balanced holistic approach.
With the right nutrition and exercise regimen that is unique to you and your needs, anything is possible! Add positivity, empowerment, support, and a holistic approach to the mix, and you’re well on your way to paving the road to longevity. Let’s begin your journey together! Reach out to me today.