I want to share with you something that can help you gain muscle mass
and lose body fat at the same time. This is a huge topic, so I’m going
to give 10 inside tips and keep it short for you. The below tips are
based on my experience with clients and on my own.
Have you ever experience slow results in losing body fat and changing your body composition? Is Gaining muscle not coming easy for you? How about trying to get that body ready for beach wear or hitting the clubs at night (both if you love South Beach, Miami)?
You may feel discouraged because your not getting leaner or putting on
muscle mass. This discouragement can lead to stress because, you may
stop working out altogether or ask why are even going to the gym? You
may fear that you’ll never have enough time to unleash the best physique your genetics have to offer.
I know I have experienced slow to no gains at one time in getting lean
and building muscle, and that is why I want to share this information
with you. You CAN get lose fat, get lean and build muscle at the same
These are my 10 commandments of getting lean and gaining muscle at the
- Tip 1: Get at least 7 hours of quality sleep.
- Tip 2: Calculate your Daily BMR (Basal Metabolic
Rate), add the amount of calories you consume through exercise and
other daily activities to your calculated daily BMR. Eat those food
calories from your total. As an example: Mine is 2800 calories per
- Tip 3: Never sacrifice quality of a muscle contraction for quantity of weight used for that contraction.
- Tip 4: Stay psyched before and during a workout! Think recovery and rest after a workout.
- Tip 5: Never miss a workout with or without your partner or coach.
- Tip 6: Set goals. Short and long term and strive to achieve them. Write your goals down and Think positive!
- Tip 7: Typically start with Multi-joint movement exercises and finish with isolation exercises.
- Tip 8: Split your workouts. Train twice a day! Make sure your workouts are at least 6 hours apart.
- Tip 9: Stop using cardio equipment such as the Treadmill or Bike.
- Tip 10: Stack a combination of well known supplements to help you maintain in anabolic state as much as possible. Timing of supplements is crucial.
I just couldn’t leave this one more tip out of the list
- Tip 11: Change your exercises on a weekly basis, especially if you’ve already been training for a long time and is especially true for the hard gainer. If you’re a beginner, you can get away with changing your exercises every 3-4 weeks. Remember, your body will only adapt when it’s put under stress. If it doesn’t sense abnormal or higher stress changes in your kinetic chain (Musculoskeletal and Nervous System) from exercise, nothing will change. You may burn calories, but you will not build muscle. This also helps you avoid overuse type injury.
So, your experience with slow or no gains in getting lean and building muscle have got you in rut ? Follow my above commandments and inside tips and you’ll increase your muscle mass and lose fat at the same time.
Your metabolism will speed up and stay high throughout the day, by a direct increase in EPOC You’ll burn more body fat, decrease cortisol levels and your body will maintain an anabolic state. Your workout drive will increase and muscle will build more easily.
So, the next time you find your muscle building has slowed and your not losing fat I want you to take action and use my inside tips. If you have any questions on how to execute the above, please feel free to book in a consultation with me and I would be happy to discuss the next steps with you.
Rob Lagana, Fitness Coach
Elite Nutritionist, and Stress Reduction Therapist
I’m on a mission.
Whether you’re set on shedding a few pounds, preparing for a competition, or putting our health back on track, imagine how much faster you could succeed with a knowledgeable professional guiding you every crucial step of the way.
This is where I come in. My name is Rob Lagana, and I’m a fitness coach
and accomplished competitive bodybuilder with over two decades of
experience. I can help you turn your fitness and wellness goals into reality.
Results-driven and compassionate, I provide each client with a personalized experience and specially tailored workout routines and meal plans.
I know what it means to have personal challenges. I was born with ocular albinism (a condition that leaves me legally blind for life) and growing up had its share of hardship. However, that didn’t stop me from achieving my dream of becoming a successful competitive bodybuilder. Ultimately, it inspired me to help others achieve happiness, confidence, and overall wellness in their own lives.
In addition to training consistently and assisting my valued clients, I’m currently writing a book titled “Totally Healthy,” sharing my tried-and-true tips and tricks to fat loss and toning up by harnessing a balanced approach. With a nutrition and exercise regimen that is uniquely tailored to you and your needs, anything is possible! I believe in fitness being fun; I’ve never been an all-work, no-play kind of guy. Add positivity, empowerment, support, and a holistic approach to the mix, and you’re well on your way to paving the road to longevity.
Let’s begin your journey together! Reach out to me today.