There are many books and web sites offering miracle pills to kill your appetite and make you lose weight the “Hollywood” way. In actuality, losing weight and keeping it off is not hard if you stick to a program, and can be much cheaper than expensive surgeries, drugs and
miracle pills. All you need to do is follow these easy steps.
Tips to Lose All the Weight You Want for the New Year
- Find your ideal body weight- This can be done by determining your BMI (Body Mass Index). This number will tell you what your goal weight should be for your height and will give you a number to aim for. Calculate your BMI. A word about BMI; It may overestimate body fat in athletes and others who have a muscular build. It may underestimate body fat in older persons and others who have lost muscle.
- Pick resistance exercise as your first choice for results. Each person has different favorite workout goals and fitness activities.
Resistance training (weights) is a long term approach to helping you keep the weight off. As a second option, include more activity and
keep it fun, so if you hate skiing, try swimming. The key to staying motivated lies in choosing an activity you get to enjoy and if you
haven’t tried resistance training, WOW, your missing out!
- Tell people about your plans to lose weight- Friends, family and coworkers will help hold you accountable to your goals, and can help
you monitor your progress. Read labels on the backs of food cartons and boxes- This will help you be more aware of what you are ingesting. Buy healthy foods that you can incorporate into your daily diet. Ask for nutrition information, such as how your food is prepared, when you eat out. Being conscious of your consumption will help you make better eating decisions.
- Set realistic goals- Do not set yourself up for failure. This will only discourage you from continuing to lose weight. You will not
drop 30 pounds in one week, so do not aim for this. Losing one pound a week for thirty weeks is the way to losing weight that you will keep off forever.
- Take vitamin & mineral supplements- These are the true “miracle pills,” because they allow you to get all of the essential nutrients your body needs to survive and prevent disease that may be difficult to obtain from your regular diet.
- Get your sleep- Sleep allows your body to recover from the day’s activities. Most experts agree that the average adult needs at least
eight hours of sleep every night.
- Eat slowly- By allowing your body to digest your food at a slower pace, you allow the stomach to trigger the mechanism in the brain that
tells you when you are full much earlier. This prevents you from overeating.
- Drink an adequate amount of water- The liquid keeps all of your body parts in tip top shape and can actually curb annoying
psychological food cravings.
- Cut sugary things from your diet- Items like soda and snack cakes do not provide your body with the nutrients it needs, but they do turn your body into a fat storing machine. If you give in and indulge, don’t beat yourself up. Get right back on the track to successful
weight loss. Remember you attract what you focus on.
The most valuable tip to get the fastest and safest results to losing weight and body fat is:
Don’t let the details of fitness and exercise stop you from getting started. A good fitness coach can help you get it all together and back on
the road to great health.
Rob Lagana, Fitness Coach
Elite Nutritionist, and Stress Reduction Therapist
I’m on a mission.
Whether you’re set on shedding a few pounds, preparing for a competition, or putting our health back on track, imagine how much faster you could succeed with a knowledgeable professional guiding you every crucial step of the way.
This is where I come in. My name is Rob Lagana, and I’m a fitness coach
and accomplished competitive bodybuilder with over two decades of
experience. I can help you turn your fitness and wellness goals into reality.
Results-driven and compassionate, I provide each client with a personalized experience and specially tailored workout routines and meal plans.
I know what it means to have personal challenges. I was born with ocular albinism (a condition that leaves me legally blind for life) and growing up had its share of hardship. However, that didn’t stop me from achieving my dream of becoming a successful competitive bodybuilder. Ultimately, it inspired me to help others achieve happiness, confidence, and overall wellness in their own lives.
In addition to training consistently and assisting my valued clients, I’m currently writing a book titled “Totally Healthy,” sharing my tried-and-true tips and tricks to fat loss and toning up by harnessing a balanced approach. With a nutrition and exercise regimen that is uniquely tailored to you and your needs, anything is possible! I believe in fitness being fun; I’ve never been an all-work, no-play kind of guy. Add positivity, empowerment, support, and a holistic approach to the mix, and you’re well on your way to paving the road to longevity.
Let’s begin your journey together! Reach out to me today.