It is very important to be motivated throughout your weight loss journey. It is usually not an easy ride, and it calls for a lot of inspiration and support. There are ways to ensure you stay motivated so you will eat healthy and exercise each day. The following tips will help you keep up your momentum so you can reach your goal weight.
1. Make a focus board and hang it in a prominent place. Since you want to concentrate on losing weight and make it a part of your daily routine, a visual can be a very helpful way to stay on track. Create a poster with motivating quotes and photographs. Pictures of your children, your favorite foods, or even the clothing you plan to buy once you have reached your goal weight are all motivating and helpful.
2. Have an accountability buddy. It can be easy to make excuses for eating bad or not working out, but if you have a friend that you must report to, it’s not so simple. Find someone that will inspire you to keep working toward weight loss, even on your bad days. This person should be someone you can confide in, and one that will support you no matter what.
3. Try staying away from people who are negative. There will always be one or two people who would rather point out the negative of a situation rather than the good. These people usually ridicule those trying to lose weight, which can definitely break someone’s motivation to be healthy. Avoid these people as much as possible so that your spirit is not dampened by their words and actions.
4. Weigh yourself and take measurements. It is not a good idea to become addicted to the numbers, but seeing them every now and then can really refuel your motivation to continue on your journey. Measurements should be taken once a month, and step on the scale no more than once a week for the results to be effective in motivating you to succeed.
5. Set many small goals, and reward yourself as you achieve them. Weight loss should not just have one long-term goal. In order to make it more obtainable, set multiple small goals that will help you reach your desired end result. Make sure they are reachable, especially if you are giving yourself a time limit in which to reach each one.
6. Limit the bad foods in your diet, rather than eliminating them altogether. It can be difficult to stop anything cold turkey, especially your favorite foods. Instead, restrict yourself to 1-2 splurge meals each week. This is much easier to handle than telling yourself you are not allowed to have certain foods ever again.
The above tips will help you keep your weight loss motivation high so that you can succeed with changing your lifestyle. It is important to stay as positive as you can during your journey, so that you will be able to maintain the healthy choices for the rest of your life.
Rob Lagana is a former top male competitive bodybuilder who has achieved numerous athletic accomplishments during his career.
Perhaps the greatest learning experience that Rob Lagana has met, was living with ocular albinism. Several vision problems have occurred
with ocular albinism and has left him legally blind. He really learned how to harness the deep energy it takes to be body / movement aware and through this energy has developed a healing ability which he then learned to use in practice with a Japanese healing system called Usui Reiki.Rob overcomes daily tasks and practices to complete his goals
through determination, hard work and a positive mindset.
Rob Lagana also received his IFBB Nutrition certificate, S.M.A.R.T certificate from Dave Palumbo, and LSF Life Solutions Foundation Whole Food Nutrition certificate. Rob Lagana also have 2 decades of experience in coaching clients for weight loss, wellness and contest prep.. He is certified through NASM (National Academy of Sports Medicine).Rob is also Poliquin Group Bio Signature Level 1 and 2 practitioner and overall brings a holistic approach to helping clients reach their goals.
Besides his athletic and coaching experience, he is also a Reiki Master practitioner.Stress is the number one cause of inflammation of the body. This disrupts, cortisol, insulin, brain chemicals and
much more..Reiki has been a natural and effective way of reducing stress, which promotes overall healing in the body.